Move and breathe outside the studio in Sumatra!
Mid 2020 - View Photo Gallery
Escape the everyday - join Roaming Zen for a unique yoga and wellness experience in the Sumatran rainforest. Go back to nature through this 8-day collaboration between the yoga from Jen, of Roaming Zen, and unique wilderness experience offered by our host Sue Delaney, of Sumatra adventure holidays.
Step into the magic of Mother Nature via this special collaboration. Allow yourself much needed time to rest and rejuvenate while enjoying the fun and beauty of Batu Kapal and Bukit Lawang.
Happening May 25 to June 1st 2020, your daily schedule will include plenty of downtime, yet you can take advantage of opportunities to explore the rainforest with your local guides, swim in the fresh spring water pool, enjoy good company of other yogis and locals, experience traditional craft making or cuisine, or simply kick up your feet and read or reflect!
- 8 days / 7 nights Saturday, May 24 to Saturday 2nd June 2020
- 7 x nights twin-share accommodation (1 night @ Bukit Lawang Guest House accommodation and 6 nights @ Sumatra Eco Retreat)
- All meals made fresh from local food and traditional Indonesian fare (vegetarian)
- Tea/coffee throughout the day
- Daily Yoga: including postures, breath work, restorative, mindfulness, and more
- Use of supplied props
- Orangutan 1/2 day rainforest trek
- Local market tour and Indonesian cooking lesson
- Visit local Green school ( Roaming Zen is a proud financial supporter )
- Mindful Rainforest Walk
- Use of freshwater spring pool
- Stunning 360° views of the jungle
Tourist visa, flights, transfers (but can be easily arranged for you), travel insurance, tips, laundry costs, wifi ( limited in the rainforest), drinks other than water/tea, additional activities. Complete Itinerary & optional activities Sample Full Itinerary to print
This opportunity will be true to Roaming Zen past retreats where you will immerse yourself in the serenity of an outdoor experience, plus Zen yoga, connecting with the local community, jungle trekking, and additionally get as close as humanly possible to wild orangutan from the comfort of your yoga mat!
Early Bird Saving
(pay before February 2020)
AUD $1850 pp
(From March 1st, 2020)
AUD$600 non-refundable deposit required to secure your Zen space.
Final payment due date: 30 April 2020
Ready to pack your bags?
TERMS & CONDITIONS: Final payment is non-refundable after (30 April 2020). However, your spot on the retreat is fully transferable, in which case you are responsible for finding and coordinating your replacement. Travel insurance is HIGHLY recommended.