Welcome to the Roaming Zen community!
Starting a new workout or trying something new is always a little daunting - so we’re trying to ease those nerves a little by offering some answers to the questions that we think that you might have.
We've got you covered with FAQ topics:
- COVID -19 & STUDIO UPDATES - 2022
- LIVE Online streaming classes
- my.roamingzen.com.au - our ON DEMAND website
- STUDIO classes
- & much much more
And if the answer to your question isn’t here – please contact Roaming Zen.
Q: COVID Policy & STUDIO UPDATES April 22 +-A:
IMPORTANT STUDIO UPDATE!
In a time of uncertainty Roaming Zen has always been certain of one thing… keeping our community moving & together, whether that’s in the studio, outdoors, Livestream online or on-demand.
We've opened up our space to create one large 120sqm studio
More space, means more room to move!
Roaming Zen remains committed to:
- Keeping our community together
- Adhering to SA Health Guidelines
- Delivering classes virtually & in person that support healthy minds & healthy bodies.
As a community please:
- BYO Yoga props & towel
- Maintain Social Distancing
- Sanitise before & after class
- Stay home if unwell, please cancel your class, so another zenner can enjoy your spot.
NEW TIMETABLE for OUR NEW STUDIO
We have adapted our timetable to our new space & have worked to keep our popular classes available for you.
All classes continue to be live-streamed with some special OUTDOOR options whilst the weather is shining.
Our motto is to keep us moving in any way possible.
We may need to make some tweaks to the new schedule as we all settle into it & like all things these days, we need to remain flexible like a theraband & be open to adjustments.
As always myself & the team are here for you if you have any questions or suggestions, please reach out email@example.com
Class cancellation/ schedule changes
We will always do what we can to ensure classes are available for you. There will be times, team availability or low numbers that we may need to reschedule or cancel a class.
We need a bare minimum of 3 people booked in ( across studio & online) for a class to run. We'll work to give ample notice for you to enjoy another class option.
It's been a tricky time, but as a community we've all learnt to pirouette very well these last 2 years and if we have to keep doing so, that's OK, we're all getting very good at them!
We are incredibly grateful that we can still stay open, lead movement that sparks joy & provide a happy place for you to move and escape.
Kindest & take good care,
- If you’ve booked for a Studio class, we will automatically transfer it to a lifestream. (you are welcome to make this switch too - it will help us) There will be no charge for this, we manually make this adjustment for you
- Never zoomed before and need us to show you how, reach out and we can arrange to show you…we have zoomers in their 80’s moving with RZ! It's really easy!
- Contact us if you'd also like to set up RZ Videos on Demand.
This is how we support each other in times of need. It is the essence of the Roaming Zen community & what we hold so dear.
Our health & wellbeing is up to all of us.
Q: HOW DO I BUY AND BOOK A CLASS? WAITLISTS? +-A:
We’re all online (but we also offer personal service)
Click here you would like to buy our class passes or download the Roaming Zen App, create an online profile, to manage your bookings, schedule & purchase passes.
Alternatively, you could telephone 0408 418 228 & we will be able to help you at the studio.
Classes do fill up quickly so booking early is always a good idea. It also helps keep you accountable for making time for you! ;)
BOOKING PROMPTS EXPLAINED
"Book" means that there is space for you, book away!
"WAITLIST" means that the class is full and there is space on the Waitlist. If another Zenner cancels out early, our booking system will send you an SMS or Email saying that a spot has come available...simply reply yes to come or no if you can't. If we don't hear from you, the system will think you're coming.
"CALL" means that the class is FULL as is the WAITLIST. Keep checking in on the app if it changes or call us to see if we can fit you in!
NOW with LIVE Streaming classes, if you're on the waitlist and aren't successful in getting in, you can always ZOOM in!
Q: CANCELLATION & NO SHOW POLICY +-A:
Cancellation & No Show Courtesy - Life gets hectic, we understand
Our Cancellation & NO Show Courtesy exists to ensure that every member at Roaming Zen has an opportunity to enjoy a class in the studio due to reduced capacity & that we are able to cover the cost of the instructor who is attending the studio to teach your class.
- At Roaming Zen we pride ourselves on being able to provide space in classes to all of our RZ community.
- We also have chosen to keep our Studio Classes smaller, so you have plenty of rom to move & we can offer
- To avoid paying a Late Cancel or No Show fee, simply cancel your booking through the Roaming Zen App, Mindbody App or Website outside the cancellation window.
A Late Cancellation fee of $15 for Studio Classes will be charged or a class deducted if the cancellation is inside of the time frames below.
➢ All studio classes within 6 hours before class time.
By canceling early this means another member of the RZ community on the waitlist can attend the class with enough notice.
If you're switching from Studio to Livestream in the cancellation window - no fee - we will manually adjust your booking behind the scenes.
Late canceling makes it difficult for us to offer your valued spot to a waitlisted client (within a suitable time frame prior to class commencing).
Contact us if due to extenuating circumstances outside of your control that you've needed to cancel 0408418228
Studio Classes & Online Classes Only
- No Shows will be deducted from Class Packs or Zen Essentials.
- Unlimited - A fee of $15 for Studio Classes.
These fees apply to all classes, including complimentary classes at Roaming Zen.
CLINICAL PILATES, 3:1 & MASSAGE
We have a strict 24 hour cancellation policy. You can change and cancel classes for free until then, however 50% of the session will be charged for non-attendance or cancelling within the 24 hour window.
To cancel or change a class log into your mindbody account via the website or the Roaming Zen app on your phone and select the session or appointment you wish to cancel or change.
If you are having trouble with the website or app please contact us so we can make those changes for you.
Cancellation of classes - we love to teach & help get you moving!
Our team is passionate about all things movement & we love to teach! That is why we will do everything possible to ensure that our classes run.
On the odd occasion, we will cancel a class up to 2 hrs prior to class time, if there are only 2 people booked in or worst case no one.
In the unfortunate event that a class isn’t popular on our timetable, we will seek feedback from our team & community to make a change of what we offer before retiring the class altogether.
We give all of our classes the opportunity to thrive for a minimum of 6 weeks to enable a rhythm, however we will also adjust and change our timetable based on our teachers availability, class success & external influences.
Q: LIVE STREAM CLASSES FAQ +-A:
I'M A NEW CLIENT HOW CAN I TRY A LIVE STREAM CLASS?
Welcome to the RZ Community! A great new client offers are available for you & they can be used in the Studio & or Online
- 2 WEEKS Unlimited Classes for $49
- Purchase these on the Roaming Zen App, book your class & we'll see you on Zoom.
WHAT DO I NEED FOR A CLASS AT HOME?
- download the zoom app on the device that you'll livestream from https://zoom.us/download
- This makes things super easy to click on our link sheet ( sent to you in your booking confirmation email), follow the password prompt from the email to connect to your class
- no props - no worries
- a mat or a towel will provide some padding & comfort.
- you only need as much space as a mat for all classes.
IN GENERALBarre & Pilates Mat & Pilates FIT
FIT & Dance FIT
- light hand weights (cans, water bottles), stretch band & ball ( size of a playground ball) & a sturdy post, pole, chair or bench to use as a ballet barre.
- 1kg or 2kg hand weights ( or pantry equivalent), mat & stretchy band.
- just you!
Feel free to reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org and we can help you with locating & purchasing props.CAN I USE MY STUDIO CLASS PACKS FOR A LIVE CLASS?You sure can.Studio Class Packs, Zen Unlimited Membership & Zen Essentials can all be used to book LIVE classes.CAN I USE MY LIVE STREAM PACKS/ LIVE UNLIMITED FOR STUDIO CLASSES?LIVE Stream Class packs & LIVE Unlimited can only be used for LIVE streaming classes.CAN I BOOK IN LAST MINUTE TO A LIVE CLASS?Absolutely. Please book in via the Roaming Zen app first and use this ‘cheat sheet’ to access the Zoom class links and codes.WHAT HAPPENS IF I CAN'T LOG INTO THE ZOOM MEETING?
- mat, block & blankets, strap
- Try logging out then logging back in.
- Check internet connection, check any cords you are using are plugged in.
- And don’t panic!
- Try clicking the link or re-entering the Zoom code & password sent to you prior to the class.
- Use the ‘Link cheat sheet’ to find the code if you have lost or misplaced it.
ZOOM LIVESTREAM TOP TIPS for best possible online experience
- ensure your video is turned off.
- connect via computer audio
- ensure that you do not have multiple programs running on your device or connected to your wifi - you want your data just for your class.
- reboot your internet modem, router or turn it off and on...like all of us - even tech needs a little reset!
I CAN"T FIND MY MEETING LINK?
- Check your email
- Use the ‘Link cheat sheet’ to find the code if you have lost or misplaced it.
- Simply click on the link or type in the Zoom meeting code.
I noticed Roaming Zen’s LIVE streaming classes & Studio classes are on at the same time? How is that working & will I be seen on camera during the LIVE streaming classes?
● Our goal is to keep our community connected & moving.
● We are offering both Studio & LIVE streaming classes at the same time.
● Rest assured your privacy has been considered in the studio set up. The only person visible to the Zenners at home is our RZ instructor.
Of course, if you want to say ‘Hi’ to the folks at home you’re welcome to jump in front of the webcam!
Q: I'M NEW TO YOGA, PILATES, BARRE OR TRX, WHERE SHOULD I START? +-A:
Starting any new workout can be exciting & daunting, we want to set you up for success!
If you've never tried Barre before, don't worry, our team will look after you. We will take the barre steps a little slower & ensure we pop you next to one of experienced Zenners who will help too! Keep an eye out for our quarterly 'RAISE THE BARRE' workshop, where we break barre right down to set you up to win!
TRX Workout - we have 2 styles of workout. Strength which is fitness conditioning based & a strong class & our TRX Move which is more barre based. Best starting point is our TRX Class on Monday nights at 545pm which combines TRX fundamentals & Pilates Principles that will support you through the workout.
Dance FIT, Dance Cardio & the.b.class are all fabulous classes & easy to follow along choreography & an absolute MUST!!!
Our Zen Pilates Mat & Pilates FIT classes are perfect if you're new to movement as Pilates is at the core of every class we offer at Roaming Zen.
Yoga is available for everyone & our team are trained to teach a multi level class.
Alternatively, just arrive for your first class 10-15 minutes early. There will be a little administration to do and your instructor will give you a quick tour and help you set everything up.
For all classes, tell your instructor that you’re new; they will help you set up and feel at home.
Q: WHICH CLASS SHOULD I TAKE FIRST? +-A:
If you’re new to Barre – book in for an RZ Barre class. It’s the perfect introduction to your new movement plan.
If you’re new to yoga or Pilates – choose any of the classes.
All of our instructors are trained to offer advancements and or modifications and are skilled in offering a multi-level class.
Q: WHAT DO I NEED TO BRING? WHAT DO I WEAR? +-A:
WHATS DO I NEED TO BRING?
Our workouts are designed to make you sparkle with sweat - bring a water bottle and a sweat towel.
Grippy Socks are required for ALL Barre, F.I.I.T, & Pilates classes. Clean sneakers ( thinner sole) for TRX Strength & The b. class®.
For attending Yoga at the studio you will need to BYO Mat. Blanket & Bolster are optional ( or bring a LARGE towel to cover ours)
All other classes props are supplied - please see our COVID safe FAQ for more info
Working out from home - have some grippy socks, a Mat, a Ball ( about the size of a playground ball) & some handweights 500g & 1kg will get you started!
WHAT DO I NEED TO WEAR?
Most of our students wear stretchy, fitted clothing; but there are no rules, wear whatever allows you to enjoy the movement.
For some classes, you’ll need specific equipment. For RZ Run and TRX evening classes we will ask you to grab your clean trainers before you hit the road and for our Barre classes, you’ll need socks with grippy soles. If you don’t have these already in your cupboard, you can buy some at the Roaming Zen Studio.
Q: WHAT CAN I EXPECT AT THE STUDIO? +-A:
COVID -19 has placed restrictions on the number of clients we can have in the space at one time.
We will have some classes that are studio based & some that are LIVE streamed to our community at home. Whilst we are running both offerings there will be some classes where the class in the studio is being live streamed at the same time.
We respect your privacy and will ensure that you are in a position in the class where you will not be visible on camera.
The Roaming Zen studio offers a space where you can press pause on the busy-ness of your every day.
Expect a friendly welcome from our team & RZ community when you arrive.
We offer all of the amenities that make life easy (shower, hairdryer etc) as well as the ones that make life beautiful.
You can enjoy complimentary herbal teas and fruit in the Zen lounge and there’s always a sweet treat to enjoy after class.
Q: DO I NEED TO FILL OUT ANY FORMS? +-A:
There are the usual administrative forms to fill out before your first class – there is one waiver form online and another to fill out at the studio - don’t worry, you’ve seen them before and they take no time at all.
Q: I HAVE AN INJURY (OR I HAVE HAD AN INJURY) WHAT DO I DO? +-A:
If you have any injuries (past or present), if you’ve had surgery, you know that there are some exercises that you should avoid, or if you’re not feeling in tip-top shape on the day of your class. Just let your instructor know – we can accommodate any niggle or gripe!
Q: I’M PREGNANT, IS THERE ANYTHING SPECIAL THAT I HAVE TO THINK ABOUT? +-A:
There are some modifications to exercises that need to be done to ensure the safety of our mothers-to-be so please tell your instructor (and even if you’ve told your instructor before, it’s always a good idea to jog their memory)
Generally, mothers-to-be should avoid activities where they might get too hot or where the exercise includes lying on the back, inversions and heavy lifting. If you have been exercising through your pregnancy, continuing with modifications should be fine – but talk to us first.
Q: IS THERE STUDIO ETIQUETTE? +-A:
To ensure that you are ready for your class, please arrive between 5 -10 minutes prior to class start time. This allows our team to sign you in & check in with you on how your body is & anything new we need to know. Classes do start on time & warm up is first up to ensure your body is ready for the work ahead & to prevent injury.
If you need to leave a class early, please notify your instructor before the class starts.
At the end of the class we would appreciate it if you wiped down your mats, equipment and put away in our prop area.
Q: ON DEMAND - my.roamingzen +-A:
How do I access the pre-recorded classes? Is it via the app or website?
- Access is either via our website (use hyperlink) or through the myRoamingZen on-demand my.roamingzen.au
- This is a subscription-based ON DEMAND website that stores all of our fabulous content delivered from us to you, wherever you may be.
Do I have to be a member of the RZ Community to access my.roamingzen.com.au?
- No, you are able to have access to the pre-recorded classes without being a member of the RZ Community. Just visit my.roamingzen.com.au to subscribe and access our videos.
Can I download the pre-recorded classes?
- Currently no, you will need a subscription. However, this is something we are looking at offering in the near future for an additional purchase price.
- Please keep an eye on the Roaming Zen website or subscribe to our mailing list for the latest releases.
Are the pre-recorded classes an additional thing we can do at home (or anywhere), as well as RZ LIVE Streaming classes?
- Absolutely! You can participate in our LIVE Streaming classes if you are a member of the RZ Community. Simply book through the Roaming Zen app.
- If you would also like to access the myRoamingZen on demand videos, simply subscribe here.
I am on a Membership Zen Unlimited or Zen Essentials - how do I access my membership price for my.roamingzen?
- Email us & we'll send you the secret link to access your membership benefits.
I want to cancel my subscription, how do I do this?
- Reach out to us at email@example.com and let us know. If you’d like to extend your trial period, then let’s chat.
- Or access your account via your DASHBOARD, just click on the subscription you are on, then click on ‘cancel membership’.
If your monthly payment has already been debited, you can still cancel however your subscription will expire before the following month. This will give you a little more time to give my.roamingzen a try!
Q: WHAT'S THE FINE PRINT ON ZEN MEMBERSHIPS? +-A:
IN STUDIO & LIVE STREAM Weekly Membership Zen Premium Unlimited
- The IN STUDIO & LIVESTREAM Weekly Membership gives you access to unlimited in studio, livestream & RZ Video and demand classes at Roaming Zen Studio, as well as access to our exclusive member benefits (see details pack for details).
- There is a minimum 6 Month commitment period, a minimum of 26 weekly payments.
- Your contract will simply continue to roll on after the 6 months to your 12 month commitment period until you’d like it to stop.
- If you would like to put this membership on hold due to travel, sickness or injury this can be done for a minimum period of 2 weeks and a maximum period of 6 weeks at a time.
- All suspensions need to be notified in writing at least 7 days before they are due to come into effect.
- If your membership is on hold, drop in rates will apply to classes you’d like to attend within the suspension period.
- To end this contract please be aware that there is a minimum 14-day notice period, which will include a final payment being withdrawn from your account after your cancellation is received.
- All cancellation of membership requests must be received in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org Your account will remain active for the entire fortnight after your final payment.
- Please note that we do not allow suspended memberships to be cancelled.
- Roaming Zen does not allow transfers or refunds on direct debit memberships
- For any change of account details or lost/stolen cards, please notify us in writing via email email@example.com and submit a change of details for processing.
- Any and all arrears payments are the responsibility of the client and must be paid in full.
- Please note that for credit card payments 'EziDebit Healthfitness Roaming Zen Australia' will appear on your credit card statement as the payment reference.
PAY UP FRONT MEMBERSHIP 6MTHS or 12MTHS
Congratulations for committing to 6 months of Zen for YOU!
You've access to all the goodies at RZ, Unlimited access to Studio, Livestream & On demand!
- extend for 4 weeks ( holiday etc)
- no refund, though transferable or donate balance to RZ Community Charity
Click for more details
Q: WHAT IS YOUR REFUND POLICY? +-A:
We don’t offer refunds unless you are injured and can provide a medical certificate. If this happens you will receive a full refund for the unused portions of your class pass or membership. We can also pause or extend your Class Pass or Membership to use when you have recovered.
If our classes really aren’t for you though, we can transfer the value of your unwanted purchase to a different product or transfer your credit to a friend.