SPRING CLEAN YOUR ROUTINE
Here are some Zenny Tips to set you up for success!
- Eat more green veggies.
- Eat real food. Less packaged & processed food.
- Use rice malt syrup or dates instead of refined sugar & artificial sweeteners.
- Maybe cut out all the sweet stuff. ‘I Quit Sugar’ is a great online resource.
- Drink heavily & that’s WATER. Aim for 30mls per kg of body weight a day e.g. 64kg = 2 litres.
- Eat slowly - food tastes SO much better when you do.
- Minimise naughty drinks... enough said!
- Eat wholemeal foods - think good fibre not processed. Try zucchini noodles or cauliflower pizza bases… they’re fabulous!
- Swap cow for goat, sheep or coconut, etc - we love cows. Try some alternatives - see what you think.
- Try matcha, cocoa or protein powder for your afternoon wake up snack. ‘Healthy Chef’ & ‘My Tribe Type’ have some goodies.
Ultimately 7-8 hrs is perfect for maintaining optimal health & body recovery. Not always achievable. Choose a few of these tips to ensure a good sleep rather than the length.
- Increase ‘bright light exposure’. Improves the quality of sleep & duration. Get outdoors, get some natural light into your day to help your circadian rhythm (body clock)
- Reduce blue light exposure at night… detox from electronic devices… no phone or computer in bed or just before!
- No caffeine late in the day. Caffeine can significantly worsen sleep.
- Reduce irregular or long daytime naps… short naps are better.
- Go to bed & wake at a consistent time each day. A regular sleep cycle is better.
- Nourish your body & mind before bed. Meditate, massage hands with lavender oil, warm drink.
- Avoid alcohol before bed, it reduces night time Melatonin production and leads to disrupted sleep.
- Create a calming bedroom environment, low light & noise.
- Reduce your bedding. Find a comfortable weight of sheets & or blankets to keep your room temp about 18 degrees.
- Eat dinner earlier in the evening. Give the body time to digest, to enable the body to rest instead.
- Plan out your Zen schedule at RZ for the next 3 weeks & commit to it.
- Implement a daily meditation practice. Try Headspace or Elana Bower - these are two I personally recommend.
- Try Yoga. Add this into your weekly routine… you will feel VERY Zen.
- Breathe - practice Valoma Pranayama or Nadi Sodhana. Not sure ???? come to Yoga to find out.
- Read something inspirational or thought provoking. 'Top 20 best self-help books of all time’ for inspo.
- Self-care. Have a massage or beauty treatment, Spa treatment at home or simply take a little more time taking a shower. Ahhh feels better already ☺
- Detox from the screen time… use your phone for what we used to use them to ring someone. It’s pure joy! For you and the other person!
- Take time to look up and give thanks for all the good in your life.
- Give someone a hug. Not only will you feel good but it is so much better shared.
- Make yourself the priority. You cannot keep giving if your cup is empty!
Simply make 3 commitments to yourself & jump on board.
Here’s an example for a little inspiration. These are Jen's!
- Eat - more greens to keep my digestive system healthy
- Sleep - minimum 7hrs! Sleep so key for our physical & emotional health!
- Zen - 5 times a week. Movement is such great medicine for the mind, body & soul. Meditation will also play a daily part in my Zen time.
The best part is achieving 1,2 & 3 for yourself and feel better!!!